Incorporated in 1992 and wholly owned by Albertan’s, Alberta Environmental Rubber Products (AERP) is Alberta’s largest scrap tire recycling company. AERP has been converting scrap tires, using cutting edge technology, into materials that are used in everything from playgrounds, roofing products and athletic tracks. Our state-of-the-art processing plant in northwest Edmonton produces a variety of high-quality rubber products from shred to rubber crumb. We have become the industry leader through proprietary production techniques, consistently high standards and stringent quality control measures. Our innovative approach has allowed us to develop markets and sell processed material around the world.
People are at the core of everything we do so we put our focus on career development, promotion, and safety as a priority. If you are looking for a career and not just a job, you’re in the right place! AERP offers a competitive compensation package, comprehensive employer paid benefits package, amazing opportunities for career progression, RRSP matching program and an outstanding work environment.
To support the on-going growth of our business, we are currently seeking a highly motivated, energetic, and hands on Journeyperson Millwright with Welding experience. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, this role is responsible to install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment. All applicants must have their own CSA approved steel toe work boots.
The shift hours are Monday to Friday from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Align machines and equipment using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, and micrometers
- Assemble and install equipment using hand tools/power tools
- Layout mounting holes using measuring instruments and drill holes with power drill
- Replace defective parts on machinery or adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts
- Dismantle machines using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools
- Attach moving parts and subassemblies to basic assembly using hand tools/power tools
- Move machinery and equipment using hoists, overhead crane, dollies, rollers etc.
- Assemble machines and bolt, weld, rivet, or otherwise fasten them to foundation or other structures using hand tools/power tools
- Conduct preventative maintenance and repair and lubricate machines and equipment
- Weld, repair and fabricate equipment or machinery
Perform Preventative Maintenance on a weekly basis.
Ability to diagnose hydraulic systems
Understanding of automated systems, HMI, PLC's
Knowledge of heavy equipment (loaders, excavators, etc.)
Mechanically inclined, with some experience in welding and electrical
Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills
Organizational and time management abilities
Results-oriented team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively to plan jobs
Ability to actively listen and use creativity to solve problems
Ability to recognize the environmental factors and risks that enable and support safety in the workplace
Ability to maintain professionalism always and work with limited supervision
Basic computer knowledge and ability to complete reports as required
Ability to multi-task and meet objectives/deliverables
High standards for work, meticulous, with great attention to detail and strong analytical skills
Confident, resourceful, and highly motivated
Education and Experience
Journeyperson Industrial Mechanic Certificate
Minimum of 10 years of Millwright experience, ideally in a maintenance or production setting
Journeyperson Welding Certificate is considered a strong asset
On the job training, to include different materials, areas, and customer service, will be provided
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $40.00
- Max Hiring Rate $42.00
- Alberta Environmental Rubber Products, 13520-170 St, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada