Payroll Clerk (Bilingual Position)
Dartmouth, NS or Moncton, NB.
MOBIA is currently seeking a Payroll Clerk to join our team in Dartmouth, NS. As a Payroll Clerk, you will assist with payroll administration for our multi-provincial growing company.
MOBIA Technology Innovations is a Systems Integration company with multiple business unit areas: Broadband Wireless Services, Infrastructure Solutions, Cybersecurity and Digital Transformation Services. Working with Service Providers, Government, Healthcare, and Enterprises across Canada, MOBIA has developed strategic business relationships with industry leading technology partners to help our customers achieve positive business outcomes. As a Payroll Clerk with MOBIA, you will work within our Finance department and complete payroll processing and compliance in support of our 500 staff, located throughout Canada.
- Process payroll bi-weekly; verify time and expense information in preparation for payroll processing, completed bi-weekly. Interact with managers and HR as needed to complete verification prior to payroll commit.
- Track and process all other necessary payroll adjustments each pay period. Maintain a high level of service to our employees by assisting with inquiries and issues related to payroll.
- Responsible for issuing all ROE’s to Service Canada
- Assist with year-end T4 and RL-1 Reporting
- Ensure payroll is processed in accordance with respective provincial labour standards.
- Keep up to date on tax and labour legislations in all provinces across Canada.
- Continually review and identify opportunities for improvement in our payroll processes and documentation.
- Provide education to managers around payroll compliance and requirements to ensure accuracy of inputs from employees.
- Maintain payroll certification (if applicable)
- Bi-weekly posting and clearing of payroll expenses
- Other duties to support payroll and finance functions as required.
- WCB Administration for all provinces in Canada
- Other duties as assigned
Skills / Qualifications:
- 2+ years of previous experience in payroll processing and compliance
- Post Secondary education in a related field
- PCP (Payroll Compliance Practitioner) certification is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with all provincial labour standards across Canada
- Passion for learning and problem solving
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft office suite proficiency required; previous experience with SAP an asset; previous experience with Dayforce an asset.
- Must be Bilingual in French and English
MOBIA strives to build an amazing workplace and was recognized as one of “Canada’s Best Managed Companies” in 2021.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including an employer supported wellness plan, health, dental and life insurance coverage, company paid training, career development, and company events for fun and community contribution.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- Montreal, QC, Canada