Windsor, ON or Moncton, NB.
MOBIA Technology Innovations is a Systems Integration company with multiple business unit areas: Broadband Wireless Services, Managed Services, Infrastructure Solutions, Cybersecurity and Digital Transformation Services. Working with Telecommunication Service Providers, Government, Healthcare, and Enterprises across Canada, MOBIA has developed strategic business relationships with industry leading technology partners to help our customers achieve positive business outcomes.
MOBIA is currently seeking a Telecommunications Designer to join our team in Windsor, ON or Moncton, NB.
The Telecommunications Designer is responsible for:
- Completing designs for telecommunications networks using data that has been collected from the field
- Designing appropriate access network facilities in a timely fashion to meet customer service dates using standard technologies, establishing project milestones for service delivery.
- Facilitating preparation of work packages to assist outside construction forces in building access facilities.
- Analysis of pole lines for required conductor spacing, separation, clearance and physical element strength under ice and wind loading, using CSA standards.
- Ensuring design drawings and calculation packages are completed by appropriate deadlines.
- Quality control for designs and drawings.
- Other duties as required.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Completion of related post-secondary education such as a Bachelor of Engineering and/or a Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Excellent software skills with a high attention to detail
- Experience working with AutoCAD and/or Visio Software
- Customer Service focused individuals that take pride in delivering high quality products
- Strong communication and coordination skills
- Knowledge of Telecommunication outside plant would be considered an asset
- Previous experience in the electrical or telecom field designing aerial and underground networks would be an asset
- Familiar with GIS mapping tool would be an asset
MOBIA strives to build an amazing workplace and was recognized as one of “Canada’s Best Managed Companies” in 2021.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including an employer supported wellness plan, health, dental and life insurance coverage, company paid training, career development, and company events for fun and community contribution.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Moncton, NB, Canada