Nursery Plant Sales - Whitby
Sheridan Nurseries Whitby is actively searching for a:
Nursery Plant Sales Associate
Seasonal, Full or Part-Time
About the Job
Our Sales Associates provide our guests with a high level of service and actively engage with our guests to ensure that they are sold the complete solution for all of their purchases in the Nursery department, including: trees, shrubs, evergreens, fruit, roses, vines, and cut Christmas trees.
- Responsible for actively selling our guests the complete solution while providing exceptional customer service in all aspects.
- Greet guests as they enter the department and ensure that their needs are looked after.
- Actively promote all related sales, marketing, and merchandising initiatives.
- Participates with the store team in achieving all aspects of service excellence, store readiness, cleanliness, safety, and compliance with all Sheridan Nurseries policies and standards.
- Assists with the stocking, maintenance, and upkeep of Nursery department product as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Friendly and approachable, with an enthusiastic approach to guest service and sales.
- Knowledge of retail horticulture.
- This position will be required to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays as scheduled on a reasonable basis. Full-time availability preferred.
- The job requires extended periods of standing and work in various weather conditions and environments.
- Please be advised that being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 is a condition of employment (subject to any accommodation required under the Ontario
Our Vision, Mission, & Values
At Sheridan Nurseries we aim to delight our associates, guests, and business partners in everything we do. Independently owned and operated for over 100 years, we are committed to growing the highest quality plants at our local farms, curating the best-in-class home, garden, and lifestyle products and services, delivering unrivalled guest service and satisfaction, and providing meaningful and rewarding careers to our employees. We always strive to inspire and share our knowledge, passion, and expertise to build confidence, loyalty, and trust, while protecting our planet with industry leading environmentally sustainable initiatives and giving back to our local communities and charities.
Our vision is “To inspire people to never stop growing”.
At Sheridan we seek people who will continually strengthen our culture. We work hard to ensure our culture is something we feel proud of and allows us to bring our best selves to work every day. And a great culture starts with values. We have clearly defined values which are embedded in everything that we do so that they are lived and breathed daily.
If you share our values of doing what’s right, being performance driven, learning, and growing as part of a team, and are externally focused with a bias for action, this position is for you!
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If selected, please advise if you require special accommodation to attend the interview.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Whitby - 410 Taunton Rd West, 410 Tauton Road, Whitby, Ontario, Canada