Seasonal Plant Sales & Custom Design - Kitchener
Sheridan Nurseries Kitchener is actively searching for:
Seasonal Plant Sales & Custom Design Associates
Seasonal, Full Time
Our Vision, Mission, & Values
At Sheridan Nurseries we aim to delight our associates, guests, and business partners in everything we do. Independently owned and operated for over 100 years, we are committed to growing the highest quality plants at our local farms, curating the best-in-class home, garden, and lifestyle products and services, delivering unrivalled guest service and satisfaction, and providing meaningful and rewarding careers to our employees. We always strive to inspire and share our knowledge, passion, and expertise to build confidence, loyalty, and trust, while protecting our planet with industry leading environmentally sustainable initiatives and giving back to our local communities and charities.
Our vision is “To inspire people to never stop growing”.
At Sheridan we seek people who will continually strengthen our culture. We work hard to ensure our culture is something we feel proud of and allows us to bring our best selves to work every day. And a great culture starts with values. We have clearly defined values which are embedded in everything that we do so that they are lived and breathed daily.
If you share our values of doing what’s right, being performance driven, learning, and growing as part of a team, and are externally focused with a bias for action, this position is for you!
About the Job
Our Sales Associates provide our guests with a high level of service and actively engage with our guests to ensure that they are sold the complete solution for all of their purchases. This position involves the daily creation of custom design using a selection of live and dried plant material.
- Responsible for actively selling our guests the complete solution while providing exceptional customer service in all aspects.
- Create custom design arrangements using live and dried plant material for the Fall and Christmas seasons, which may include following pre-made recipes and filling guest orders based on their preferences.
- Greet guests as they enter the department and ensure that their needs are looked after.
- Actively promote all related sales, marketing, and merchandising initiatives.
- Participates with the store team in achieving all aspects of service excellence, store readiness, cleanliness, safety, and compliance with all Sheridan Nurseries policies and standards.
- Assists with the stocking, maintenance, and upkeep of Seasonal Plant category product as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A keen eye and understanding towards floral and custom design with previous experience in the industry.
- Experience creating arrangements for the fall/Christmas season preferred.
- Well organized and detail oriented, with some degree of technological proficiency, or the ability to learn our systems.
- Friendly and approachable, with an enthusiastic approach to guest service and sales.
- Knowledge of retail horticulture an asset.
- This position requires full-time availability, including days, evenings, weekends and holidays as scheduled on a reasonable basis.
- The job requires extended periods of standing and work in various weather conditions and environments.
- Please be advised that being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 is a condition of employment (subject to any accommodation required under the Ontario
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If selected, please advise if you require special accommodation to attend the interview.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Kitchener - 100 Elmsdale Drive, 100 Elmsdale Drive, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada