Assistant Manager, Sales & Merchandising - Etobicoke
Sheridan Nurseries Etobicoke/East Mississauga Garden Centre is actively searching for an:
Assistant Manager, Sales & Merchandising
Permanent, Full Time
About the Job:
The Assistant Manager, Sales & Merchandising (AMSM) will be responsible to support the Store Manager in achieving all sales and margin objectives through the execution of all corporate marking and promotional initiatives. Your role is to manage employees, oversee sales and merchandising initiatives by working closely with category supervisors, provide exemplary guest service, and help achieve company goals.
As a key leader within the Garden Centre, you are expected to take an active role in your personal development and the growth, and development of all employees through active coaching, mentoring, and leading by example. You will conduct yourself in a manner that exemplifies a positive and motivational attitude while working safely and striving to promote the best interest of Sheridan Nurseries in all aspects.
- Assist the Store Manager in planning and implementing strategies to meet and exceed annual sales revenues and profit budgets.
- Exhibit, and foster amongst all employees, an enthusiastic, helpful, and positive sales-oriented attitude towards all guests, ensuring a high level of service.
- Provide leadership and direction to all employees, including holding direct reports accountable and actively provide training, coaching, and mentorship.
- Assist in planning of store floor plan along with the implementation of all floor displays and adhering to corporate merchandising standards and directives.
- Responsible for all in-store signage and ensures that all product is clearly and accurately priced and/or signed, well maintained, and attractive to the guest in in accordance with corporate directives.
- Actively promote all Sheridan services, as well as corporate and in-store events and oversee the planning, preparation, and implementation at the store level.
- Create, implement, and promote add-on sales strategies within the appropriate departments.
- Approval of product orders placed from the store working within corporate parameters, ensuring that all purchase orders are completed in accordance with company policy.
- Work in conjunction with the Assistant Manager, Operations to maintain inventory at levels that both allow for maximum sales and ensure that inventory targets are met at year end.
- Hold each department supervisor accountable for the budgeted sales and margin figures and to provide direction and supervision in achieving those results.
- Facilitate training on a consistent basis within the store to ensure that new products and sales strategies are understood and adhered to as to maximize and achieve intender results.
- Resolve guest and employee issues and concerns.
- Actively seek to increase knowledge base of Sheridan products and services.
- Provide a safe work environment for all employees through active observations, hazard reporting, coaching on relevant health and safety best practices, and leading by example while ensuring all employees are adhering to company policies and guidelines.
- Support Store Manager or other Assistant Managers as needed, serving as a backup in their absence.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have completed high school and be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- 5+ years of experience in a retail setting.
- Previous management or supervisory experience with proven leadership and organizational abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills when interfacing with guests and employees.
- Previous retail merchandising experience an asset.
- Existing product knowledge or ability to learn.
- Passion for the industry, sales, and guest service.
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions.
- Effective time management, with the ability to adapt and prioritize multiple tasks and situations.
- Active listening and trust building.
- You do not shy away from conflict and have courage to resolve problems and troubleshoot guest complaints.
- You are punctual and dependable, and highly value honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts including day, evening, weekends, and holidays as seasonal peaks require, including store opening and closing responsibilities.
- This job requires extended periods of walking and standing, as well as the ability to lift 50lbs and work in various weather conditions and environments.
- Please be advised that being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 is a condition of employment (subject to any accommodation required under the Ontario
Our Vision, Mission, & Values:
At Sheridan Nurseries we aim to delight our associates, guests, and business partners in everything we do. Independently owned and operated for over 100 years, we are committed to growing the highest quality plants at our local farms, curating the best-in-class home, garden, and lifestyle products and services, delivering unrivaled guest service and satisfaction, and providing meaningful and rewarding careers to our employees. We always strive to inspire and share our knowledge, passion, and expertise to build confidence, loyalty, and trust, while protecting our planet with industry leading environmentally sustainable initiatives and giving back to our local communities and charities.
Our vision is “To inspire people to never stop growing”.
At Sheridan we seek people who will continually strengthen our culture. We work hard to ensure our culture is something we feel proud of and allows us to bring our best selves to work every day. And a great culture starts with values. We have clearly defined values which are embedded in everything that we do so that they are lived and breathed daily.
If you share our values of:
- Doing What’s Right
- Being Performance Driven
- Learning and Growing Together
- Being Externally Focused
- Having Bias for Action
Then this is the position is for you!
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If selected, please advise if you require special accommodation to attend the interview.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- Etobicoke - 2069 Burnhamthorpe Road East, 2069 Burnhamthorpe Road East, Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada