Human Resources Advisor - Full time
Southwestern Public Health is looking to recruit a full-time Human Resources Advisor to help support our COVID-19 response and human resource needs. Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, the Human Resources Advisor will support day-to-day activities involving the planning, management, and evaluation of the human resource functions at the Health Unit, including: recruitment and selection, orientation and onboarding, health and safety (including WSIB), employee wellness.
This position provides consultation and guidance regarding employee and labour relation issues and ensures that leaders and staff are aware of health unit policies, procedures and legislative requirements pertaining to employee and labour relation matters in conjunction with the Manager, Human Resources.
- Successful completion of post graduate education in a related human resource management field of study from a post-secondary education institution that is recognized by the province of Ontario
- Maintenance of a Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) designation in good standing
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working in human resource management and preferably in a multi-union environment
- Thorough knowledge of labour relation principles and working knowledge of employment related legislation, regulations and practices
- Experience in providing effective consultation towards labour and employee relations, including conflict and performance management
- Effective leadership attributes to motivate and develop a relationship with peers and individuals reporting to the position
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a wide range of professionals
- Proven ability to be a team player while leading and providing guidance and consultation to health unit leadership and staff
- Ability to promote the values of shared leadership and team collaboration
- A criminal reference check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate.
Please note: new applicants will need to create an online account to apply.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $34.21
- St Thomas, ON, Canada
- Woodstock, ON, Canada