Project Manager, Events & Operations (Remote)
Are you looking for more than a job? At World Vision Canada we offer challenging careers that change the lives of children all over the world and it will change yours too. Come and be part of a team of 400 Canadians with a vision for the world: Life in all its fullness for every child.
You will experience Christian faith in action helping to make real and lasting change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. Join the World Vision Canada team and be part of a powerful and effective force for good:
For Children. For Change. For Life.
Position: Project Manager, Events
Reports to: Manager, Operations & Events
Position Term: Full Time Temporary (approximately 8 months)
Application Deadline: October 31, 2021
Location: Remote for the near future (within Canada)
The Project Manager, Events acts as project manager for all WVC events and is responsible for the successful development, end-to-end execution, and delivery of all corporate, fundraising & signature events, ensuring that the vision and goals for each event are met and exceeded.
The Project Manager, Events supports the development, monitoring and execution of effective event budgets, project plans, project schedules, event marketing strategies, event production plans, and post-event analysis and reporting as well as the completion of key operational reports to support the achievement of all WVC event objectives, goals and KPIs.
The Project Manager, Events works collaboratively with internal teams and stakeholders across WVC, as well as third party vendors and partners, building relationships that support the successful execution and delivery of WVC events to achieve shared objectives.
Duties and responsibilities
That the primary job duties and responsibilities using headings and then give examples of the types of activities under each heading. Using headings and giving examples of the types of activities to be done allows you to develop a flexible job description that encourages employee to ‘work outside the box’ and within reason, discourages “that’s not my job”.
- Works collaboratively with internal teams and stakeholders to execute events according to segment execution agile teams’ strategy and tactics. Operates as a strategic event SME pitching event ideas and solutions to segment execution agile teams based on how events can serve the segments need.
- Supports internal WVC teams in delivering timely, relevant events to Canadians through collaboration with internal stakeholders and third-party vendors, ensuring an adherence to WVC vision and strategy.
- Identifies and proposes new opportunities to test events and event strategies to increase growth and expansion of WVC events as well as shape experiences that further the achievement of WVC goals and objectives.
- Leads the design and creation of WVC Events, ensuring best-in-class experience and maximizing the delivery and achievement of all event KPI’s and objectives.
- Provides project management for WVC Events, supporting event execution teams in the development and execution of project plans for each event, leading end-to-end execution and delivery through event and project management processes, ensuring that the project schedule is being met and that all logistics, staffing, production, and the event plan delivery are executed with excellence.
- Supports the development of event business processes and how we work with internal teams, the creation of tools and resources to support WVC Events and identifies and implements new event management tools and initiatives for maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develops the framework and drafts for all event marketing & communications assets such as invite and registration communications, social media ads, event website content, event scripts, and production rundowns.
- Develops, manages and leads the execution of event marketing & communications strategies for all WVC Events, in collaboration with internal teams.
- Responsible for overseeing event production requirements related to event design, creative development and brand compliance for event deliverables with internal and external partners.
- Leads the execution of all operations for WVC Events, such as establishing and tracking budgets, invoices & payments, creating and monitoring contracts, SoW’s & PO’s, developing and completing post-event reporting and data-entry into CRM.
- Ensures cohesive collaboration with vendors and partners while providing a consistent experience with WVC messaging, products and brand-guided relationship management while ensuring excellence in delivery and adherence to WVC strategy and policies.
- Research and implements industry trends and best practices for events and recommends opportunities for growth and expansion of market presence.
- Recommends strategic opportunities for revenue growth through corporate event sponsorship that supports the achievement of event goals and objectives.
- Post-secondary education in Business, Marketing, or Events Management.
- Minimum 5 years’ event planning, event production, and/or project management experience.
- Highly skilled at networking and enhancing corporate relations.
- Flexibility to work evenings/weekends as events require; some travel required.
- Demonstrated experience in event marketing & communications.
- Demonstrated experience in relationship management with a proven track record of collaboration, negotiation and reciprocity.
- Self-starter with demonstrated organizational, interpersonal, financial, and communication skills.
- Customer-service orientation.
- Demonstrated ability in project management.
- Demonstrated organizational, financial, problem solving, collaboration and communication skills.
- Experience working in an Agile environment and with Agile principles and practices.
- Experience in corporate event fundraising an asset.
We bring life-saving support in times of disaster. We help poor communities to take charge of their futures. We provide small loans and training that boost family livelihoods. We work with policy makers to change the way the world is run. Our Christian faith teaches us that every child, regardless of gender, faith or race, is a precious gift to the entire world - and that their wellbeing concerns us all. We shall never rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed.
Our Core Values: We are committed to the Poor. We are Christian. We are Stewards. We value People. We are Partners. We are Responsive.
Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the core values and mission of the World Vision partnership.
World Vision Canada takes our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we provide an environment that is safe for our child and adult beneficiaries. We have strong recruitment procedures to make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with child and adult beneficiaries.
World Vision Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family Resource Development & Fundraising
- Job Function Individual Contributor
- Pay Type Salary
- Mississauga, ON, Canada