Employment Placement Consultant - Facilitator
We are currently looking for an Employment Placement Consultant – Facilitator to join our team of committed professionals. This full-time position within the Association is housed at the YMCA of Northeastern Ontario’s Elm Street location in Sudbury. Under the leadership of the Program Manager, the Employment Placement Consultant – Facilitator prepares clients for employment through the facilitation of employment and life-skill based workshops, and/or through referrals to community resources. This job is responsible for developing curriculums (classroom and one-on-one instruction), facilitating workshops, evaluating client progress, and implementing activities to recognize client accomplishments.
START DATE: As soon as possible
RATE OF PAY: $44,400 per year
HOURS: 40 per week
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- College diploma or University degree in Career Development or related field (Child & Youth Worker, Employment Counselling, Social Work) *for education completed outside of Canada, applicants are required to submit a WES with their application
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience working directly with individuals facing multiple barriers to employment
- Minimum of two (2) years facilitating career development and youth employment workshops
- Completion of Adult Education Certificate/Training Certificate or in progress considered an asset
- Valid G class driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Bilingualism in both official languages preferred
- Current and Satisfactory Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector
- Establish and communicate objectives for all program workshops
- Prepare training systems, course materials and supplies for training sessions
- Facilitate training using various adult learning methods including life skills and employability skills
- Deliver curriculum according to content and standards of the program
- Guide trainees in applying their newly acquired skills and knowledge on the job
- Maintain case note documentation, workshop attendance and confidential data
- Provide customer service by responding to telephone and direct inquiries
- Maintain effective and efficient recordkeeping and case management
Please ensure that your cover letter and resume both specify the job title of the position that you are applying for.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Human Resources Department.
Please note that successful candidates will be required to submit a current and satisfactory Police Record with Vulnerable Sector Check for review prior to starting employment.
Please note that candidates invited for an interview will be required to submit three professional references.
YMCA of Northeastern Ontario is an equal opportunity employer that is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment. All of our employees and job applicants will be promoted or employed solely on the basis of their abilities and qualifications.
Educational credentials completed outside of Canada require a copy of your World Education Services documents (WES) along with your credentials. If you do not have a WES document, please visit https://www.wes.org/ca/. Applications submitted without a WES document will not be considered.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $44,400.00
- Greater Sudbury, ON, Canada