Registered Early Childhood Educator (Full-time)
We are currently looking for a Registered Early Childhood Educator to join our team of committed professionals. This full-time position within the Association is at various locations throughout the City of Greater Sudbury and Markstay. Under the leadership of the Supervisor of Child, Youth and Family Development (CYFD) the Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) is the lead staff in their classroom and/or age grouping and is responsible for the overall health, safety and well-being of the children in their care (0 to 12 years). The RECE will ensure all YMCA Policies, Procedures and legislations as outlined in the Ministry of Education’s Child Care Early Year Act (2014) are compliant at all times. The Registered Early Childhood Educator will support the Early Learning Assistant and/or Early Learning Facilitator as required to ensure the delivery of safe, high-quality child care. The Registered Early Childhood Educator is responsible for bringing forward any health, safety or well-being concerns immediately to their supervisor.
START DATE: As soon as possible
RATE OF PAY: $45,760 per year
HOURS: 40 per week
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Early Childhood Education Diploma (two- or three-year program) *for education completed outside of Canada, applicants are required to submit a WES with their application
- Membership with the College of Early Childhood Educators in good standing
- Minimum of two (2) years working with children and/or youth
- Current Standard First Aid with Infant and Child CPR (Level C) *Recognized by the WSIB
- Solid knowledge of Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Certification in YMCA Playing to Learn and Healthy Child Development is an asset
- Health Assessment from Medical Professional and Immunizations Record
- Current and satisfactory Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Ensure all program areas are clean and safe before, during and after use, as per local Public Health and YMCA Procedures
- Plan, prepare and deliver high-quality educational programming, by following the YMCA’s National curricula’s
- Observe, assess, and record the skills, abilities, interests and needs of the children through written documentation, and open communication with families and approved community partners
- Be a support, mentor and coach for Early Learning Assistants, Early Learning Facilitators, and placement students
- Exhibit professional, confident, and positive relationships with all families and community partners
**This position may be entitled to a Ministry of Education Wage Enhancement Grant (WEG) of up to an additional $2.00/hour for qualifying positions within a licensed child care program at the YMCA. The YMCA submits an application annually for all entitled positions. The WEG is approved by the local Municipality and Ministry of Education, and is a government initiative to enhance the wages of child care educators. The WEG is not guaranteed by the YMCA, and can be withdrawn by the Ministry of Education.
Please ensure that your cover letter and resume both specify the job title of the position that you are applying for.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Human Resources Department.
Please note that successful candidates will be required to submit a current and satisfactory Police Record with Vulnerable Sector Check for review prior to starting employment.
Please note that candidates invited for an interview will be required to submit three professional references.
YMCA of Northeastern Ontario is an equal opportunity employer that is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment. All of our employees and job applicants will be promoted or employed solely on the basis of their abilities and qualifications.
Educational credentials completed outside of Canada require a copy of your World Education Services documents (WES) along with your credentials. If you do not have a WES document, please visit https://www.wes.org/ca/. Applications submitted without a WES document will not be considered.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $45,760.00
- Greater Sudbury, ON, Canada