We are recruiting Junior, Intermediate, and Senior Electrical Designers!
If you are looking for a career that’s more about making a life than simply making a living, then apply to come aboard the Genoa team!
WHO WE ARE
- We are a growing company of digital shipbuilders, delivering critical major vessels for North America.
- Ever forward-looking, Genoa’s team keeps a close eye on people and technology.
- To grow our capability and the capacity of the industry, we have an outstanding commitment to invest in our employees through training, development, career growth & opportunity.
- We celebrate curiosity and drive for teamwork and collaboration.
- We aim to deliver what’s needed and forge what’s possible in digital shipbuilding.
- For us, the job is not done until the client is satisfied, even if that means putting in a little extra to complete the project on time.
- Committed to continuous improvement, Genoa uncovers and adopts new technologies that drive performance and add value for our customers.
We think big while never losing sight of the details. The Genoa team approaches everyday by truly living our core values:
Put People First – make decisions and take actions that strengthen and support our team
Create Lasting Relationships – offer our clients and business partners the same respect and friendship we offer each other
Own It – go the extra mile and take responsibility
Never Stand Still – welcome each day as a new opportunity to learn, grow, and serve
Live Well – find balance at work and at home by taking care of your mind, body, and soul
The Genoa formula is simple: Put people first. Drive the 3D model. And never, ever stand still. Our quest for quality and continuous improvement is at the heart of all we do.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Designer, with an Electrical discipline, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create and modify 3D models, fabrication drawings and drafting support according to project scope for structure and distributive systems;
- Update drawings from mark-ups and red lines;
- Ensure a level of quality control for project work in accordance with Genoa’s quality management system;
- Compliance of 3D model with regulatory standards, classification rules (DNV, Lloyds/GL, etc), design guidelines, and client specific standards;
- Interpret technical, detail design and construction drawings related to the 3D model structural design and/or distributed systems;
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned that relate to technical leadership and integration of Genoa’s projects.
- Review and coordinate vendor design documents review to ensure compliance to design requirements
- Assist with Preparation of Change Orders, and assist with implementation of Changes.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED IN YOUR TOOLKIT
- Technical diploma or degree in a related discipline (naval architecture, marine engineering systems design; mechanical, HVAC or electrical design) or equivalent combination of education and technical experience;
- Marine design experience in related discipline, either electrical, distributed/marine systems, or a combination
- Understanding of Basic discipline Concepts, and knowledge of discipline principals.
- Experience working directly with regulatory bodies and classification societies;
- Experience with 3D product models for new ship construction &/or refit projects;
- Experience in the use of AutoCad, Ship Constructor, AVEVA, Cadmatic, Foran or other ship design software would be an asset;Exposure to a shipyard or production environment is an asset along with CMPIC (Cable Management System)
- Ability to read and interpret technical specifications and drawings;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet project deadlines and problem solve.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
Working for us is good for you. Really!
Genoa values the diversity of the people we hire, our customers and all others with whom we interact. Diversity at our company means fostering a workplace that is inclusive of all people and their unique abilities, strengths, and differences.
Our collaborative, fun and team-focused workspace is designed to give everyone a voice & the opportunity to make meaningful contributions.
We have a community giving program because we are committed to strengthening the communities where we work, where our partners work, and where our employees call home.
We’ve done a lot of research on what makes a 5-star workplace. It’s always evolving, but these are some of the ways we keep the pep in our step:
THE ’WHAT YOU’D EXPECT’ STUFF
- Attractive compensation
- RRSP matching program
- A comprehensive group insurance plan with Life Insurance, Critical Illness, Long-Term Disability, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, and an Employee and Family Assistance program
- Paid vacation and discretionary days
- $1000 per year wellness incentive to buy whatever makes you happy
- Yay-cation days – because who doesn’t like extra vacation time?
- An employee values points recognition program
- You’ll be invited to enjoy assorted extras such as Genoa swag, catered lunches, treat trolley, and team-building events.
It’s ok to write on the office walls, too. Just sayin’.
Genoa actively creates and promotes an environment that is inclusive of all people and their unique abilities, strengths, and differences, and promotes diversity as a strategic and competitive business advantage for the company. If you require assistance in filling out your application, please email your request to Jobs@genaodesign.com and we would be happy to help!
While we are grateful to all applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- 15 Dundee Ave, Mount Pearl, NL A1N 4R6, Canada