Computer Support Specialist
Are you looking for a rewarding career in the shipbuilding industry? Do you want to work for a well-managed company that puts people first? If you are looking for a career that’s more about making a life than simply making a living, then come aboard the Genoa team!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Computer Support Specialist, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing workstation setups, in addition to regular maintenance and troubleshooting
- Installing/configuring new software and/or hardware in relation to end-user workstations, as well as loading specified software packages
- Installation of hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers and disk drives to user's workspace will be required, following design or installation specifications
- Responsible for providing technical assistance and training to end-users
- Resolving software and hardware incidents, or any incident that is disrupting the IT systems or services that impact end-users
- Perform scheduled updates of firmware across end-user devices/components
- Setting up user accounts, permissions and passwords
- Answer client’s inquiries concerning systems operation; diagnoses system hardware, software and operator problems
- Propose continuous improvement (CI) recommendations across the business
- Refer major hardware problems to service personnel for correction; work with software vendors and/or external service providers
- Attend technical conferences and seminars to keep abreast of new software and hardware product developments
- Assist with other jobs including installation and upgrades in relation to administration
- Input and maintain assets/software in approved asset/software management system
- Research potential hardware / software solutions to meet business needs
- As needed, work with suppliers to obtain quotes and order new equipment / software
WHO WE ARE
We think big while never losing sight of the details. The Genoa team approaches everyday by truly living our core values:
Put People First – make decisions and take actions that strengthen and support our team
Create Lasting Relationships – offer our clients and business partners the same respect and friendship we offer each other
Own It – go the extra mile and take responsibility
Never Stand Still – welcome each day as a new opportunity to learn, grow, and serve
Live Well – find balance at work and at home by taking care of your mind, body and soul
WHAT YOU’LL NEED IN YOUR TOOLKIT
- Bachelor’s degree or Technical Diploma in related field or equivalent
- Five years of related work experience in computer systems support
- Communicate effectively with end users and customer management.
- Excellent knowledge of personal computers, peripherals, and operating systems
- Strong diagnostic and analytical skills
- Successfully deliver in a deadline-driven environment, with the ability to
- stay calm under pressure and prioritize tasks
- Ability to work independently with strong time management and
- multitasking skills
- Can demonstrate a calm, positive and proactive attitude and initiative, while working under pressure
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
Working for us is good for you. Really!
Genoa values the diversity of the people we hire, our customers and all others with whom we interact. Diversity at our company means fostering a workplace that is inclusive of all people and their unique abilities, strengths, and differences.
Our collaborative, fun and team-focused workspace is designed to give everyone a voice & the opportunity to make meaningful contributions.
We’re an employee-owned company that’s done a lot of research on what makes a 5-star workplace. It’s always evolving, but these are some of the ways we keep the pep in our step:
THE ’WHAT YOU’D EXPECT’ STUFF
- Attractive compensation and Employee Profit Sharing Plan
- RRSP matching program
- Comprehensive group insurance plan and EFAP program
- Vacation, discretionary days, and yay-cation days - because who doesn’t like extra vacation time?
THE ‘LET US SURPRISE YOU’ STUFF
- $1000/yr wellness incentive to buy whatever makes you happy
- An outstanding commitment to training, development, career growth & opportunity
- Quiet rooms where you can take a break, dim the lights, and re-charge
You’ll be invited to enjoy assorted extras such as Genoa swag, values points, and COVID-friendly team-building events. It’s ok to write on the office walls, too. Just sayin’.
If you have any questions about the collection, use and disclosure of the information on this form, or if you require assistance in filling out your application, please email your request to Jobs@genoadesign.com and we would more than happy to help!
While we are grateful to all applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Genoa actively creates and promotes an environment that is inclusive of all people and their unique abilities, strengths, and differences, and promotes diversity as a strategic and competitive business advantage for the company. We respect diversity in each other, our customers, and all other with whom with interact.
- 15 Dundee Ave, Mount Pearl, NL A1N 4R6, Canada