Director, Finance, Strategy & Projects
As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Eastlink takes great pride in delivering advanced technologies/services that connect its customers to the things and people that matter most. Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and mobile networks, we bring world-class communications and video entertainment services including high speed internet, mobile, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Eastlink operates with an employee base of over 1300 people who serve customers in NS, PEI, NL, NB, ON, AB, BC and Bermuda.
Eastlink is currently seeking a Director, Finance, Strategy and Projects who is an experienced accounting professional. This position will report to the Controller and will work closely with the Chief Financial Officer and other key stakeholders within the organization. This is a new position on the Finance team and as such we anticipate that specific accountabilities will be dependent upon the skillset the incumbent brings to the team. It is also expected that the scope of work will change over time as the incumbent accumulates tenure in this position.
In general, the Director will assist the Controller with various tasks and responsibilities that are non-routine in nature, which add value to the business and organization. This would require collaboration not only with the Finance team but other areas of the organization. These tasks would focus on financial reporting, compliance, system enhancements, internal control and policy maintenance, liaise with external auditors, and analysis and projects required to support the business.
What you will bring:
- Professional accounting designation (CPA) and a post-secondary degree
- 10 plus years of financial leadership experience in full-cycle accounting, preferably within a fast-paced environment
- Successful track record and expertise in helping to identify and drive value in an organization, as well as a reputation for being a trusted financial advisor who fosters strategic organizational growth
- Natural inclination to consistently look for process improvements and other strategies to improve the bottom line
- Strong competency in leading efforts to take on processes, policies, and procedures, and developing them into consistent and automated solutions that drive strategic and informed decision making
- Strategic thinking expertise and an action oriented approach
- Ability to drive for results with a sense of urgency, and an ability to adapt to changes as they arise
The successful candidate must provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 upon hire, subject to Federal Human rights law.
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink operates in a culture of continuous improvement through listening, learning and adapting, which enables us to respond quickly to the evolving needs of both employees and customers. We recognize that our truly greatest competitive edge is our people and that delivering a great customer experience begins with a great employee experience. Our philosophy of developing and training our team “on the ground” not only helps to create a strong onboarding experience but also readies employees for future growth opportunities within the organization.
Dedicated to reflecting the customers and communities we serve, we embrace diversity and inclusion throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
If you are ready to explore an exciting career at Eastlink, your journey begins here.
- Type de paie Salaire
- Halifax, NS, Canada